As well as being voted Number 7 in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2016, and Number 13 in Europe, The Groom Room inside Pets at Home is also the UK’s largest grooming salon network. With over 280 exciting in-store and standalone salons we are expanding at an unstoppable rate which you really do need to be part of to believe!
With our ambitious salon-opening programme we can offer some of the best career opportunities around. You’ll have the chance to build on your skills and knowledge with on-going training, learning and development tailored to your role and career goal, including City & Guilds Level 3 introductory qualification for Salon Managers. We’ll provide you with all the encouragement and support that you need to develop a rewarding, long-term career in the Groom Room at Pets at Home.
Back to Results
Dog Grooming Stylist - Full Time (39 Hours)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted Number 7 in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2016, and Number 13 in Europe!
With over 420 stores and plans to open a further 20 new stores this year we are expanding at an unstoppable rate which you really do need to be part of to believe it! We have over 260 exciting in-store and standalone salons which are full of character and are a great place for you to further develop your grooming career!
Reporting into the Salon Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows;
• As Stylist you will be responsible for all aspects of pet grooming and you’ll deliver the very highest standard of pet grooming.
• You will exceed our customers’ expectations by delivering Pawsitively Outrageous Service within the salon.
• Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
• You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping.
• As Stylist you will assist with the training and development of other salon colleagues.
• Our salons offer a great service every day of the week and so you will work 39 hours over 5 days out of 7.
• You’ll have experience of working within a grooming environment.
• It is essential that you are able to complete a groom from start to finish on the majority of breeds to a high standard (please note that grooming your own pet does not qualify as professional experience).
• Having a grooming related qualification would also be beneficial.
• You’ll have a proven track record of delivering high standards!
• You’ll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player.
• You’ll be hungry to be part of a successful salon and you’ll be proactive in your approach.
• Competitive rate of pay of £9.48 per hour plus bonus.
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years of service.
• Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• Pension - You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
• Colleague Discount - 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, Ride-Away and Pets at Home Pet Insurance!
• "Treats" benefits - an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
• Life assurance
• Charity Leave - You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
• Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
• Free uniform
• Free Car Parking
Our client is seeking a dog grooming stylist to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible...
An exciting opportunity to join the team at one of the UK's leading pet specialists at the starting point...
Our client is seeking a dog grooming salon manager to join their team on a permanent basis. You will...
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading pet specialist and to join them at...
Dog Grooming Assistant Stylist (Trainee Groomer) Full Time (39 hours) This is a fantastic...
Dog Grooming Salon Manager - Full Time (39 Hours) This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work...